STRENGTH & CONDITIONING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Bedford Blues are seeking a Strength and Conditioning Intern for the 2014/15 season to work under new department leader Andrew Petts. The role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to work within the professional sporting environment of a Greene King IPA Championship Club.
Purpose of the internship:
(i) To provide support to the Bedford Blues Strength and Conditioning program, particularly around strength and fitness implementation, data collection, analysis and evaluation.
(ii) To provide a young (aspiring) Strength and Conditioning Coach with an opportunity to work in and contribute to the performance department of a Championship Rugby Club.
Approx. 22 hours per week from 11th August 2014 to June 4th 2015 (comprising of the rugby season). The commitment must include match day (varies between Fri night, Sat & Sun), but flexible times can be managed within the week to fit successful candidate. The position is unpaid and the candidate must be prepared to work on this basis, however all reasonable travel expenses will be considered.
Will include, but not be restricted to the following tasks:
- Assistance in delivering comprehensive S&C program to first team players.
- Daily set up/closing procedures directed by Head of S&C.
- Data input and analysis of gym and field based sessions including testing.
- Assistance in ensuring players are ready to perform in training and at games.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- Applicant must have or be working towards undergraduate degree in relevant subject area.
- UKSCA/CSCS is desirable.
- A sound understanding of computer software systems, especially Microsoft Excel.
- A working knowledge of the game of rugby union.
- Fully committed with complete buy in to the Bedford Blues cause and team values.
- To have an outstanding work ethic and ability to work and communicate as part of team.
- To be disciplined in their approach to their work and have the ability to ‘think on their feet’.
- A sense of humour.
To apply, send a short covering letter and CV by post or email to Andrew Petts at the address or email below (closing date Friday 18/07/14):
Andrew Petts, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Bedford Blues, Goldington Rd, Bedford, MK40 3NF. email@example.com