RUGBY WORLD CUP TICKETS
Rugby fans will be able to apply for Rugby World Cup 2015 tickets next month, when they go on sale to the general public from September 12 – 29. Up to one million tickets will go on general sale next month through the official Rugby World Cup 2015 ticketing website tickets.rugbyworldcup.com. All 48 matches will go on sale and fans will be able to apply for up to four tickets for each match, and at 15 matches across the country you will be able to purchase up to 15 tickets.
Tickets in all four price categories will go on sale, starting at £15 for adults and £7 for children at some matches. Matches or price categories that are oversubscribed will go to ballot so that tickets are fairly allocated and fans will find out which tickets they’ve been successful in purchasing in October 2014.
How to apply for tickets:
1. Create an account on the Official Rugby World Cup 2015 ticket website. In order to apply for tickets from September 12, 2014, you will need to create an account at tickets.rugbyworldcup.com. Simply go to the website and enter your details to be ready to apply for tickets.
2. Choose the matches you want to apply for 48 matches will be played across the country at Rugby World Cup 2015 and 41 of these have child prices available. So start planning your own match schedule ahead of tickets going on sale. All details available at tickets.rugbyworldcup.com. You can apply for up to 4 tickets per match and 15 matches you can get the old rugby team back together or attend with a group of friends and apply for up to 15 tickets.
3. A fair ballot. Tickets for all 48 matches will go on sale but demand is expected to be high. Where matches are oversubscribed a ballot will be held to ensure all fans have an equal chance to secure tickets. The application window will be open September 12-29. Tickets are not sold on a first come, first served basis so you can apply at any point between September 12-29.
4. Maximise your chances and limit your spending. Maximise your chances to attend Rugby World Cup 2015 with our optional Match Manager tool. Apply for as many matches as you like and then cap the number you can be successful for in the ballot. For more information on Match Manager see tickets.rugbyworldcup.com. You can also opt to be allocated tickets at the next price category up, in the event that tickets at the price you applied for have sold out.
5. Confirming your tickets. Fans will find out which tickets they have successfully purchased in October 2014 following the close of the application window and the ballot.
Fans must only buy from official sources to avoid ticket fraud. Only tickets purchased at tickets.rugbyworldcup.com or through official travel and hospitality providers will guarantee entry to RWC 2015 matches, and England Rugby 2015 will launch an official RWC 2015 resale platform in 2015 to enable customers to sell any unwanted tickets at face value.