ACADEMY - TEAM MANAGER VACANCY
The Bedford Blues Academy needs a Team Manager to assist the Academy Director and Coaches in the running of the Blues Academy.
The Team Manger will take responsibility for much of the administration, and support, that is needed to make the Academy function effectively, and will work closely with the Academy Director, Coaches, and Physio team.
The Blues Academy was set up to identify, recruit and develop professional players for the Bedford 1st XV of the future. The Academy has a great record in producing players for the Blues 1st XV, with players such as Sacha Harding, Will Chudley, Chris Locke, Darryl Veenendaal, Duncan Taylor, Josh Bassett and most recently Aaron Morris coming through the Academy to the Blues 1st XV.
• want to assist in developing players for the Bedford 1st XV of the future
• want to work as part of the Academy Management team
• are a great administrator/organiser, computer literate, a good communicator, a strong team player and have the patience of a saint
• are able to cope with
- 30+ 17 to 19 year old players and their associated egos
- 60+ parents
- 4 – 5 coaches
- assorted fixture secretaries, administrators, referees and “alikadoos”
• are prepared to
- work as an unpaid, overworked, volunteer
- spend 1 - 2 evenings a week, and most Saturdays, on rugby
- handle all of the trivial, menial, and thankless tasks that help make a rugby team function
We can offer you;
• a huge amount of frustration when things don’t go right
• a huge amount of satisfaction when they do go right
• the chance to play a part in the development of young players, as they become adults
• the rewards of seeing Academy players improve and develop and, in some cases, make it to the Blues 1st XV and beyond
• the chance to be part of the Academy Management Team
If you would like to be part of the Blues Academy Management Team, and help in developing the Blues players of the future, please contact Denis Ormesher, Bedford Blues Academy Director (email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07909 903344), for an informal discussion.